We have heard now from several Hope members who have been told by Hope staff that the report submitted with ASU is not real and that no inquiry is underway. A story has even been told that Hope "hired a mediator to speak with ASU" and that ASU told them the report does not exist.
These statements are puzzling to us, because not only does the report exist, but Hope leadership has a copy (proof below). The night before we submitted it, a Hope pastor gained access to our Google Doc, which actually rushed our submission. We do not know why Hope staff is circulating these untrue stories, but we wanted to alert everyone. I (Stephen Wicker) have provided the following items below:
1. A screenshot of a Hope Pastor "resolving" a comment on our original Google Document on July 5th, meaning he had access to it. (Showing that the report exists, and Hope has a copy)
2. An email from July 25 from Carla Mahnke (Student Rights/Responsibilities) referencing the report (Showing that the report exists, and that ASU has a copy).
3. An email exchange between myself and Carla Mahnke regarding Hope's procurement of the report, after we learned that Hope had tried to preemptively meet with ASU (Showing that the report exists, Hope leadership is aware of it, and ASU has a copy). This one from August 10th.
4. An email from the assistant Dean confirming that no mediator from Hope has spoken with ASU
Again, we do not know why Hope is relating this false information to members, but since our whole purpose here is delineation of truth, we figured everyone ought to know.
Thanks and God bless,
"The Respect Movement", Sun Devil Survivor, Outlaw Comedy, Sun Devils Wear Prada, and Sun Devils 4 Christ as "Front Groups" of Hope Church ASU
Below you will find documentation proving Hope Church's use of "student clubs" (which are indeed subsidary ministries of Hope Church) at ASU as "front groups". The following documents will be attached below:
1) Screenshots of a Prezi presentation (the original presentation has been taken down) by the Hope Church outreach coordinator, detailing the use of the clubs for Hope Church's recruitment.
2) An archive page from Hope Church's old website from 2013, detailing "Operation 72", where Hope Church uses the student clubs to engage and begin recruiting students at the beginning of each school year.
3) A Screenshot from Hope's old website showing that donations can be made to Hope Church through the "club" Outlaw Comedy, because it is an "Outreach of Hope Christian Church".
4) The 2015 copy of the annual Hope Magazine which references all the clubs.
5) PDF copies of the pages for Hope Christian Church, the Respect Movement, and Outlaw Comedy on the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability website, showing that these organizations are subsidary ministries of Hope Church, and that donations can be made to Hope Church through these groups. This also demonstrates that donations made to the clubs (perhaps even propitiation funds from ASU, derived from student tuition) end up on the financial statements of Hope Church.
"Operation 72" Archive
Screenshot from Hope's Website:
ECFA Webpages (Viewable at ECFA.org)
The Respect Movement:
*NOTE: If it is your first time visiting this page, please read through the first post from July 16, 2016.
Hi, we wanted to share some contacts with any:
1. Parents, family, friends, current students, alumni, etc who would like to file individual complaints (separate from the report filed by this group) regarding Hope Church ASU.
2. Current members of Hope Church ASU who have been fed the narrative that "there is no investigation" and would like to verify it's existence.
Dean's Office: Jennifer.email@example.com
Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities:
Carla.Mahnke@asu.edu , Lisa.A.Porter@asu.edu
Council of Religious Advisers (CORA): Amy.firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Organizations: Kimberly.Scatton@asu.edu
AZ Daily Star (covered Hope's mother-church in 2015): Caalaimo@tucson.com
ABC 15: Chris.Gros@abc15.com
ASU State Press: Ryanerica4me@yahoo.com